Thursday, October 16, 2008

what is the role of a husband? This question has kept me occupied for some time now. As I thought through this, I kept thinking of all the passive aggressive examples i have seen, (as this same issue has been a theme in my life.) It seems to me as if all of us, as husbands brothers and fathers are failed examples of a true bridegroom, maybe because we were never meant to be the end all groom...

As I look at our responsibilities I see a great deal of truth in caressing a woman's heart, revealing to her the christ as her husband who is coming back for her. I started to think about how our role is not to control her, but to prepare her for her husband that is to come...

I wonder if the reason so many christian marriages fail is because we try to own our spouses as property to satisfy us... Well, to be frank, that is quite arrogant to assume the main reason, there are so many hurts and issues that devastate the matter. For sake of maintaining some sincerity and compassion let me rephrase: Maybe there is a bit of truth in looking to our wives, sisters and mothers as brides of a different husband.

There is a husband king who has never been passive, selfish or arrogant. Instead of finding his life more valuable that hers when the enemy threatened her, he gave his life to be with her. He is the straight-and-true love of her life. Men as husbands are blessed with the joy to watch breathlessly as she blossoms! She is given to us for the time to cultivate her and prepare her for the coming Christ. How beautiful that he would allow us the chance to mingle with the deepest parts of her soul... How selfless is this christ!. As all the things of this world are his possession, so is her heart.

Maybe there is some deal of disbelief in you about trusting his goodness and his desire for you. If this is so let me ask in honest humility because I find myself neglecting him for the same reasons. Are the things that you love willing to give up everything to keep you alive in your heart, mind and soul?

(And to women: Do you live in bitterness expecting your husband to be the end all perfection in your life? Do you have a sense of distrust, hurt and insecurity because he doesn't fill the need that you thought he would? Do you react in disrespect to him, about him to your "friends" or even talk him down to God in your prayers? Remember you speak of your husband as you do your relationship with God, because the husband mimics the role of his maker.)

The longing I have is that you as well as I would see God not as a tyrant, and give up on his existence... but as a selfless-desiring, wildly-passionate lover who wants nothing else but you to see him for who he really is. Our doubt holds our eyes fixed as it presents itself as truth... loved ones, please learn to question the doubts as well as the unbelievable. in this you will be sure to find him as he truly is...I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home